The news today is that Dierdre (Dede) Scozzafava, the Republican candidate for the New York 23rd Congressional District, suspends her campaign. The Siena poll is the reason for the suspension. The Democratic candidate, Bill Owens was projected with 36% of the vote, the Conservative Party candidate, Doug Hoffman at 35% and the Republican candidate Dede Scozzafava trailing at 20%, undecided is at 9%.
You may be reading this and wonder what does this have to do with me and why should I care. It speaks volumes to the country:
- This is just the first race to show the new direction of the country.
- It is now anticipated that a true conservative Doug Hoffman will win the race and work in Congress to bring about conservative values.
- This is a message to the Republican party and to the “powers that be” in Washington– “I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it any more.”
- This is a message that RINO’s (Republican in name only) or Democratic Lite will not be tolerated
- This demonstrates that we are making a difference
- This shows that the silent majority will no longer be silent
- And asks the question, Is a viable third party here?
Do you know how Scozzafava came to be the Republican party candidate? Since this was for a vacancy and there wasn’t a primary, she was selected by the local Republican party leaders. The local Republican party leaders were elected by Precinct Committeeman (PC). That same position that I wrote about earlier here and here.