Jon Kyl was on Hugh Hewitt this week and calls you to action to help stop health care legislation, here is an excerpt:
HH: People have asked me on air, I have been urging them, to how to get in the game, and I tell them at this point, the most effective thing they can do is to contribute to www.nrsc.org, or www.nrcc.org, the National Republican Senatorial Committee.org, the National Republican Congressional Committee.org, because your opposite number watches those numbers as a temperature of how great the opposition is growing. Am I right or wrong, Senator Kyl?
JK: Well, that’s true. On the other hand, let me make this point. You’re wisely looking at the next shoe to drop here, which is after the next election. And it’s good to be planning for that, and to be putting away the money right now to make sure that we can pick up enough seats so that forever more, we can stop this stuff.
But of course, the immediate battle is still at issue. It’s in the balance. It’s on the knife’s edge. We don’t know who’s going to win or lose. We have to win it. And I would say that right now, if you’ve got a little extra time:
- start blogging the heck out of everybody you know
- hook them up to the links that have good stories
- e-mail your friends.
- If you can get into a radio talk show, do it.
- If you can write a letter to the editor, do it.
- Most importantly, visit your Congressman, write to your Congressman, or Senators, obviously. Right now, the action is in the Senate. And it’s really important that they hear from you.
- If you can belong to an organization which leverages and individual’s power, do that. There are a lot of organizations out there. And I mean, I could, I don’t want to do it on the air here, but there are organizations which are funding a lot of the advertising that’s bringing out, for example, the rationing that’s going to occur. (edit to add the links if you want to donate)
- Help us with the League of American Voters’ national media campaign exposing Obamacare — Go Here Now.
To me, the most pernicious thing of all, I mean, I hate the expense, I hate the government takeover of all this. The most important thing to me is, I don’t want my health care rationed, and I don’t want anybody else’s health care rationed, and that’s what happens under the Baucus bill, or any of these other bills