I was looking for a good explanation of how the health care legislation will move from committee bills to be signed into law by the president.
Click on this link to visit MSNBC to see their visual of the process, hover over the steps to see the detail. I highly recommend you check it out and read the pop-ups as you move from step 1 to step 5.
Here are the 5 committees involved and status of their bills:
- House Ways & Means (C. Rangel D-NY) HR3200 passed Jul
- House Energy & Commerce (H. Waxman D-Calif) HR3200 passed Jul 31
- Education & Labor (G. Miller D-Calif) HR3200 passed July 17
- Senate Health (C. Dodd D-Conn) passed in July
- Senate Finance (M. Baucus D-Mont) still in committee, expected to pass by Sept 15
Members of the Senate Finance Committee, click on their name for their web site if you want to contact them.
MAX BAUCUS, MT
JOHN D. ROCKEFELLER IV, WV
KENT CONRAD, ND
JEFF BINGAMAN, NM
JOHN F. KERRY, MA
BLANCHE L. LINCOLN, AR
RON WYDEN, OR
CHARLES E. SCHUMER, NY
DEBBIE STABENOW, MI
MARIA CANTWELL, WA
BILL NELSON, FL
ROBERT MENENDEZ, NJ
THOMAS CARPER, DE